"Using the fundamental knowledge of Chemical Sciences and Engineering to spread awareness regarding environmental concerns, whilst promoting a culture of research and critical thinking at both a national and international level. To make the learning of Chemical Sciences and Engineering more creative, providing a platform to cultivate keen students and researchers to think outside the box for the benefit of the society at large."
- To organize popular lectures/seminars which will provide a platform for university students to engage in a valuable exchange of thoughts and ideas, witness practical demonstrations of emerging concepts, and partake in a one-on-one conversation with accomplished faculty members, academia, and relevant industry professionals.
- To apprise students of current global affairs and encourage them to participate in different events related to chemical sciences and engineering.
- To hold competitions within and outside LUMS in order to incite a passion for chemical and other natural science disciplines.
- To synthesize and publish the research conducted by students and researchers at LUMS as well as its affiliates in a collected and organized database.
- To maintain all local or international linkages, chapters, and affiliations with sovereign entities and institutions.
Who are we?
The LUMS Society of Chemical Science and Engineering (LSCSE) has a new approach at viewing the world of Science. Science that always was an art form, making humans think outside the realm of limitations that the world had put around it, proving theories into realities. An art form that constantly develops and changes like our minds. This Society's motto is not only to use the fundamental knowledge of Chemical Sciences and Engineering to create awareness about environmental problems, to promote research and critical thinking at both national and international levels but is also the merger of science and entertainment to break the stereotype of “science being a dry subject” by organizing various events and lectures. Bringing you science with a twist. We aim to provide an engaging platform for students not only from Chemical Sciences but from all backgrounds to connect and to think outside of the box.